First off- I completely skipped lunch. Not good. But I did get in a lot of exercise- about four straight hours of walking (for work).
To preface this- yes we used canned cioppino sauce and some seasonings. Substitute what you wish to to accommodate this to your own diet. Since we are just starting primal, we will be steadily eliminating both of those things (hopefully).
In a medium sized pot I tossed in the following:
- approx 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (Trader Joe's)
- 2 large sliced Zucchinis (we like ours to be around 1 cm thick)
Let cook for a few minutes to soften the veggies
- 1 cup of Cioppino canned sauce (or make it yourself for true primal)
- a dash of cajun spices
- garlic (we use a zester and go to town on about 8 pieces- we love garlic!)
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1/2 bag of shrimp (frozen but not farmed)
We added a bit of garlic salt to it- but that is up to you.
BTW- this is yum-oh!