Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fast and Primal

Today my husband forwarded an email from our church. Fast started yesterday! I have no idea how I could have forgotten about it. Its every year at the same stinking time. Don't get me wrong- I love the Eastern Orthodox Church and I humbly partake of the traditional fast and prayer.

However, this season is exactly what stopped my last attempt at going Primal last year. In two months I went from 185 to 165 with only changing my diet. Then the fast started (and I saw some pumpkin loaf in a weak moment) and POOF- diet be gone!

The fast includes no meat, no dairy, no fish and no oil. Tue/Thu wine and oil okay. Sat/Sun fish, wine and oil okay.

Add that to no sugar and no carbs from the Primal diet and you are left with nuts and seeds, spices, and some produce and some seafood items such as shrimp, octopus, shellfish and squid.

What is a girl to do? At the moment, my biggest concern is budget and keeping energy levels up without resorting to buckets of coffee everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment